Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe Quick with Bisquick and Cream Cheese
Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe is my go-to blueberry quick bread. This is a moist lemon infused bread with blueberries and it makes a delicious and simple blueberry bread. Everyone loves this blueberry bread and best of all, this yummy quick bread uses Bisquick. Actually, this recipe has two shortcuts. Bisquick makes the bread fast to make and cream cheese gives it a rich flavor! So, I keep these pantry ingredients on hand to whip up this up recipe any time.
Favorite easy blueberry recipes
Did you know that blueberries give you the most bang for your buck with nutrition? I have two favorite easy blueberry recipes and both recipes are in my fabulous (you must read) cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at any Age. My other favorite dessert is my spectacular White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake. Who doesn’t love white chocolate and combined with blueberries, it’s pure indulgence. These two recipes feature blueberries and truly are special. If you like blueberries, try the lemon blueberry bread first as it is the easiest. Then, the white chocolate cake for ultimate decadence. You’ll find both these recipes in my Too Hot in the Kitchen recipe for you to enjoy and make easily.
This small jewel packs a powerful punch of antioxidants and you can include them in your morning cereal easily. Also, toss blueberries in a salad or add to your favorite dessert recipe. Blue/purple fruits and vegetables such as blackberries, blueberries, plums, grapes, raisins, and eggplant have shown to slow the aging process from the inside out. They help with memory protection and reducing the risk of some cancers. So, who would think these two delcious berry desserts could even be good for you!
Blueberries burst with flavor and nutrition!
Quick Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age.
This luscious lemon bread is my “go to” easy favorite. In fact, close your eyes and you’ll think you are eating cake.
Makes 16 servings
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat or regular biscuit baking mix
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9x5x3-inch nonstick loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and lemon extract.
3. Stir in baking mix and lemon rind just until blended. Carefully stir in blueberries. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Immediately poke holes in 1-inch intervals on top of bread with toothpick. In microwave-safe dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, heating until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over top of bread. Cool and slice.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 164 Calories from fat 24% Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 200mg Carbohydrate 28g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 20g Protein 3g Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Spicy Advice: Frozen blueberries work well too but do not thaw before using because they will turn mushy.
My Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe is truly wonderful but if you liked it, then I can’t wait until you try my Berry Good Oatmeal Cookie dessert! I guess you know by now that I adore recipes with blueberries! Have fun during blueberry season with the recipes but luckily nowadays you can find blueberries year round.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- 50 Shades of Red: Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes - January 23, 2017
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017