Louisiana Dirty Rice Recipe A Classic Cajun Recipe
Louisiana Dirty Rice recipe is high on the list when it comes to some of our favorite Louisiana dishes. My healthy easy dirty rice recipe is a Louisiana tradition. In my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook, I have all your southern favorites but with healthy easy recipes! It is made with a mixture of ground beef, seasonings and brown rice. You can serve this dish as a side or entree. The seasonings may be adjusted to your family’s palate. Of course, my family likes it well seasoned. When Walmart approached me about a good recipe made with brown rice, I knew this would be a great family Louisiana dirty rice recipe. It is also a budget friendly recipe using the for Walmart.
Louisiana Dirty Rice Recipe is Healthy!
All my recipes are trim and terrific! I am proving you can enjoy all your Louisiana favorite recipes like dirty rice. No one has time to cook, so I always make sure my recipes are easy. By using brown rice, you have a great healthy start. Did you know white rice has less than 1 gram fiber and brown rice has 3 grams fiber. Such a simple change that makes a difference. Another great tip is whenever you are using meat to look for the leanest cuts. The leanest cuts end in a “loin” or “round” making this a better healthy meat choice. .
Louisiana Dirty Rice from Gulf Coast Favorites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (brown rice takes about an hour to cook)
Makes 4-6 servings
Serving size 1 cup
Cost Per Serving: less than $2
1 pound ground sirloin
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 3/4 cups Great Value beef broth
1. In large nonstick skillet, cook beef, garlic, celery, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is done and vegetables are tender.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce and pepper, stirring well. Add broth and rice, mixing well. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook about an hour or until rice is done.
Check out my website for more healthy southern recipes.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Perks Up with Secret Ingredient Coffee - September 29, 2016
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016