Excited to be sharing College Healthy Cooking Tips with LSU CHAARG
LSU CHAARG was great! I had so much fun sharing my thoughts on college healthy cooking! I shared tips to start healthy cooking and stock your pantry. The girls really enjoyed all the trim and terrific cookbooks as you can see from what they bought below. Everyone was so receptive. I then did a cooking demo of two favorite, simple recipes. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle from KITCHEN 101 was a HUGE HIT. They couldn’t believe how easy it was. I was thrilled that so many of the girls were inspired to go home to cook!
Ex”The girls loved meeting Holly + everything she had to say was incredible! The girls loved her “eat whatever you want” attitude + it is so refreshing to hear someone say that! Nowadays you hear “don’t eat this, or that, or that either” but hearing someone say just the opposite was great! The recipes she shared with us were super quick, easy any college student could make them easily!” Morgan Simpson – LSU CHAARG Ambassador
I was honored to speak at LSU CHAARG Chapter last night about College Healthy Cooking
– what a great group of girls! LSU CHAARG stands for ‘Changing Health, Attitudes, + Actions to Recreate Girls’ – focussing on the right attitude of health and fitness in college aged girls. Health is so much more than what is on the outside – and I couldn’t agree more with their motto and passion!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle Everyone Loved and was going to go try to make
With my ‘Eating Well for Life’ talk and food demonstration the girls learned about my passion for Trim and Terrific cooking and eating is all about balance, that food should taste great while still being healthy and easy to prepare! I whipped up some of my favorite recipes from my Trim and Terrific KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence, Mediterranean Layered Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle for them to taste-test and see first hand just how easy it can be to eat deliciously while also enjoying healthier prepared meals. Thank you SO much Morgan for inviting me to be a part of such a wonderful organization!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle from Trim and Terrific KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
A make-ahead show stopper dessert — beyond good!
Makes 20 2/3 cup servings
2 (4-serving) boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
3 1/2 cups skim milk
1 (14-16-ounce) bought angel food cake, cut into cubes
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling (recipe follows)
12 miniature peanut butter cups, crumbled, divided
1 (8-ounce) container frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed
1. In bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk according to package directions.
2. In trifle or large glass bowl, layer ingredients beginning with one-third angel food cake, one-half Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling (see recipe), half of chocolate pudding, one- third peanut butter cups, and whipped topping. 2. 2. Repeat layers ending with remaining third peanut butter cups.
Peanut Butter Filling
Makes 20 servings
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup skim milk
1. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and peanut butter. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and milk mixing until creamy.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 233, Calories from Fat27%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 9mg, Sodium 330mg, Carbohydrates 36g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 25g, Protein 7g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: If you don’t have a trifle bowl, use a large glass bowl because you want to be able to see the layers for the presentation.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017