Five Ingredient Melt-In Your Mouth Butter Pecan Roasted Sweet Potato Recipes!
Oven roasted sweet potato recipes with 5 ingredients and the most divine simple heatlhy easy recipe! During the holidays we think about sweet potato casseroles but I think you’ll really enjoy this easy basic recipe with so much pizzaz! Easier than a sweet potato casserole but with the same sweet flavors! The candied yams at their finest with a surprise of cayenne to add just a slight kick! My Butter Pecan Roasted Sweet Potatoes from KITCHEN 101 will become your new favorite holiday recipe. Also, you will find yourself making roasted sweet potatoest year round because it is an recipe you can whip up for dinner. On my healthy food blog, you’ll find lots of sweet potato recipes.
Different Twist On Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Recipes for Healthy Cooking
I actually think roasted sweet potato recipes are my favorite preparation and it is healthy cooking! Sometimes, the sweet potato casserole recipes can be too sweet but I actually have a healthy recipe with a praline topping!! A must make recipe for sure. When you are oven roasted any vegetable, make sure to line the pan with foil so you have an easy clean up. I also have a southwestern version of roasted vegetables tossed with low-sodium taco seasoning. Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrition besides SO DELCIOUS. Enjoy this simple recipe year round and don’t save only for the holidays.
Butter Pecan Roasted Sweet Potatoes from KITCHEN 101
Easier than a sweet potato casserole but with the same sweet flavors — candied yams at their finest with a surprise of cayenne to add just a slight kick! Serve year round with a pork tenderloin!
Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings
6 cups peeled sweet potato cubes (about 1/2-inch)
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Spread cubed sweet potatoes evenly on pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, turning potatoes after 20 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and sprinkle with butter, brown sugar, pecans and cayenne pepper. Return to oven and continue baking 10-15 minutes or until sugar is caramelized.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 148, Calories from Fat 32%, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 81mg, Carbohydrates 24g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Total Sugars 8g, Protein 2g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Best Chicken Breast Recipe – Spicy Glazed Chicken - March 28, 2017
- March Madness Recipes with Glen Big Baby Davis – Healthy Hamburger Dip - March 27, 2017
- Multiple Myeloma Cancer Diet -What Is Multiple Myeloma and What to Eat? - March 27, 2017