My Easy Holiday Appetizer Recipes and Decorations
Christmas can be overwhelming with gift giving, putting up your tree and then what about having company over. Wait until you try my easy holiday appetizer recipes and decorations. I wanted to share with you my heathy easy recipes for the holidays. When I have company, I keep it simple because this time of year is busy. Eating healthy is possible during the holidays! I can jazz up your party, home or just make your house holiday friendly. One of my favorites is to take advantage of seasonal cranberries and fill a vase with cranberries and water. I like to use white roses as they are a nice contrast.
Have a Holiday Gathering with My Easy Holiday Appetizer Recipes
I had a party at my house on Thursday night and most of the easy holiday appetizer recipes were from KITCHEN 101, my easiest cookbook! I used all my simple Christmas decoration ideas, including the holiday wreath for a serving charger and check out my hollowed out bread to serve my incredible melt-in-your mouth Crab Spinach Dip. Remember, clean up is simple!
Crab Dip from KITCHEN 101
Splurge with this divine, creamy, and rich tasting crab dip and it only takes minutes to prepare and always the first to disappear when I serve it! This dip is best with fresh crabmeat but you can use canned crabmeat also. I love to serve the dip in a hollowed out bread and that makes an easy clean up and fun serving piece.
Makes 24 (1/4 cup) servings
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cups baby spinach, packed
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into cubes
1 pound lump crabmeat, picked for shells
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté garlic, onion, and spinach about 5 minutes until tender. Add remaining ingredients except crabmeat and green onions.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring, until cheese is melted and mixture creamy. Carefully stir in crabmeat and green onions.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 86, Calories from Fat 53%, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 31mg, Sodium 191mg, Carbohydrates 1g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 1g, Protein 8g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
My Video Of Simple Affordable Christmas Decorations
My Christmas Decoration Tips recipes from KITCHEN 101, the easiest cookbook:
- Create a lovely, easy centerpiece by filling a glass bowl with pomegranates or ornaments.
- For extra-quick clean up, purchase holiday -themed paper goods to use.
- Use red and green vegetables instead of chips–red and green bell peppers, cucumbers
- Different sized candles can add visual interest to your holiday setting.
- Garnish with strawberries, raspberries and red and green grapes as food can add a decorative touch.
My Christmas Party Recipes Menu from KITCHEN 101
When it comes time for a menu, I turn to my cookbooks. I can create an elegant and delicious assortment of food and the recipes are easy-to prepare and trim&TERRIFIC! Here’s a few recipes I made for my party from KITCHEN 101
- Candied Pecan Brie, serve with Ginger snaps
- Olive Cheese Cocktail Bread (great vegetarian pick-up)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip served in bread with red and green vegetables
- Crawfish Remoulade from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
- Holiday Bars–(essence of the holidays in one cookie!)
- Ooey Gooey Squares from KITCHEN 101
- Coffee Condiments in Deviled Egg Dish
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.