My Summer BBQ Menu Ideas For Eating Healthy with Flair!
Summer BBQ Menu Ideas that will WOW you but are simple and healthy BBQ recipes. Whether you’re making a burger or potato salad, I have some of the best BBQ recipes for your next barbecue. If you’re having a Father’s Day Barbecue or July 4th BBQ, I can help you impress your guests and keep you out of the kitchen with my healthy easy recipes! No need to tell your guests to save up on calories so they can enjoy these easy BBQ recipes. These good barbecue recipes for eating healthy are diabetic-friendly from my easiest cookbook, KITCHEN 101. Honestly, this is a go-to cookbook filled with everyday simple recipes for practical healthy cooking.!! I even have all diabetic-friendly recipes highlighted with a “D“ throughout the book.
BBQ Side Dish Recipes for your Summer Best BBQ Recipes
Some do it the old fashioned way with charcoal while others prefer the less messy way with gas. Everyone has their own interpretation of their style barbecue but for the meal, I am going to give you some easy and my best summer BBQ ideas on my healthy food blog! I also have some easy healthy BBQ side dish recipes like my Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad and my Cool Coleslaw
Top 6 Healthy BBQ Tips for your Summer BBQ Menu:
- Select leaner cuts of meat ending in “loin” or “round”
- Sub nutritious sweet potatoes for potatoes to create a healthier potato salad
- Add 1/2 cup salsa to burger patties, equal to 1 cup of vegetables
- Try Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise in dips
- Create your own marinade to control sodium instead of buying pre-marinated meats
- Make sure to rinse and drain canned beans to reduce sodium
Best BBQ Recipes For Burgers Top List for Summer BBQ Menu Ideas
I have best BBQ recipes for burgers with pizzazz! Burgers don’t have to be meat, be adventurous and try a healthier alternative between those buns! Simple ground sirloin mixed with soy-sauce, Hoisin sauce and ginger give the burger an Asian twist creating my very favorite, scrumptious Asian Burger from my easy book actually featuring burgers, KITCHEN 101 with only 5 Weight Watcher Points Plus.
One of my best BBQ recipes are Snappy Salmon Burgers (diabetic-friendly) also from KITCHEN 101. This yummy BBQ burger recipes uses fresh salmon, packed with those heart healthy omega 3’s that transforms into unbeatable salmon burger. Don’t worry about extra sauces when the salmon burger pairs up with the quick to prepare spicy Chili Sauce. Nutritious and delicious, these mouth-watering burgers will quickly satisfy all ages for your summer BBQ.
Snappy Salmon Burgers
Fresh salmon makes all the difference with these sensationally delicious burgers full of snap and pop! Serve with sliced red onions and your favorite condiments.
Makes 8 burgers
2 pounds fresh salmon fillets, skinned
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg white
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1. With knife or food processor, chop salmon into small pieces.
2. In large bowl, mix together salmon, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, dill and season to taste.
3. In another bowl, whisk together egg and egg white and add to salmon mixture.
4. Using your hands, gently mix salmon mixture with cereal (mixture will be loose). Form mixture into burgers.
5. Heat large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side or until salmon flakes with fork.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 188, Calories from Fat 29%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 76mg, Sodium 142mg, Carbohydrates 7g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 1g, Protein 25g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Salmon patties may be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to cook. If grilling, place salmon patties in freezer for about 20-30 minutes and they will hold together better. Salmon is a rich source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, reducing the risk of heart disease.
My summer barbecue menu wouldn’t be complete with out my most popular recipe, Ooey Gooey Squares, another easy KITCHEN 101 favorite. So simple to make with pantry-friendly ingredients that start with a cake mix, this bite of deliciousness will be an all age favorite so grab one hot from the oven so you get to taste it!!!
For your next BBQ party or when you need summer BBQ menu ideas,my cookbook, KITCHEN 101 includes my easiest recipes but healthier!! Summer discount 25% off with TRIM25 (book already discounted 10%) SHOP HERE!
Check out more of my summer barbecue recipes
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- 50 Shades of Red: Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes - January 23, 2017
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017